60 delegates are already registered for the Digital Learning Network/Oxford University Museums Partnership “Digital Learning in Museums” Conference on 16 June – there are still spaces available so join us for what is shaping up to be a fantastic day: http://www.oxfordaspiremuseums.org/digital-learning-museums

What’s on the agenda?

·         We’ll be hearing from Michelle Harrell, Director of Teaching and Learning, North Caroline Museum of Art, and Ed Lawless, Museum Teacher at the British Museum about virtual and distance learning initiatives, and the future potential of museums to support learners remotely.

·         Naomi Chapman and Sarah Jane-Harknett from Cambridge University Museums, and Alison Hadfield and Hannah Sycamore from the Museum of the University of St Andrews will be sharing insights from deep dive research projects to evaluate museum digital learning tools to share what teachers are looking for and what methods work best to support student achievement.

·         We’ll be hearing about innovative projects: Paul Clifford will talk about Maker Technology and STEAM learning at the Museum of Childhood, Rick Lawrence will talk about collections and digital arts learning at Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Miranda Millward will talk about the digital sketchbooks initiative at Oxford University Museums, Nomy Borenstein and colleagues will talk about gamified learning at the Wallace Collection and there are loads more short case studies.

·         We’ll also be talking about how to manage and make the most of digital project: Drew Wilkins from Fish in a Bottle will talk about how to make tight budgets go far and get the most out of an agency, Eylan Ezeikiel about digital fails and tools to prevent them, and Andrew McLellan from Pitt Rivers Museum will discuss achieving results on the cheap.

We are also happy to announce that we’ll be laying on a few drinks under the dinosaurs after the conference to celebrate the day and offer everyone the opportunity to talk and share.

The delegate fee is only £50, and we are offering a discounted rate of £40 for DLNET members (membership is free), so if you are interested in museum learning or digital please do join us: http://www.oxfordaspiremuseums.org/digital-learning-museums

Jess

Jessica Suess

Digital Partnership Manager

Oxford University Museums

01865 613783 | 07768150465 | @JessicaSuess

http://www.oxfordaspiremuseums.org/

GROW YOUR MIND

in Oxford University’s

Gardens, Libraries and Museums

www.mindgrowing.org

**************************************************************** website: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup [un]subscribe: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/ ****************************************************************