From: Information literacy and information skills teaching discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Earl Jennifer
Sent: 03 May 2017 09:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: referencing products

Hi,

I used to recommend Ref Me to undergraduates as it was a free, easy to use and handy tool. Now it's been taken over by Cite this For Me, the reports have been less favourable and there will be a cost implication.

I just wanted to ask what you all recommend to undergraduates? Our students can use Endnote but I find that a lot of my subject groups struggle with this as they often only have a few references and find it too complicated to use. They also use Mendeley but again, it's quite a large product for their needs.

They liked Ref Me as they can just import their references and produce the bibliography in the relevant style. Do any of you recommend any other products? How have you found the change to Cite This For Me from Ref Me?

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Earl
Academic Support Librarian
The Library
Allerton Library, University of Salford, Salford  M5 4WT
t: 0161 295 3972
E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.salford.ac.uk/<http://www.salford.ac.uk/>
Web: http://blogs.salford.ac.uk/digital-literacy-skills/subject-support/midwifery-counselling-psychotherapy-social-work/

Blog: http://blogs.salford.ac.uk/digital-literacy-skills/