Hi
Could I suggest that you need a journalist to do this not a researcher, as you are trying to get maximum publicity and put pressure on decision makers, cause public outcry etc.  You therefore probably want either someone who writes for a paper with large circulation or someone who can put stuff on TV.
Regards
Marion