Institute of Classical Studies
Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU
Friday June 2, 2017 at 16:30 in room 234

*Sarah Middle (Open University)*

Linked Data and Ancient World Research: studying past projects from a user perspective

Linked Data connects digital objects based on common features, and has the potential to transform Ancient World research; however, this approach is still not widely used, and my research explores why this might be the case. This paper explains how I converted publicly-available data on AHRC-funded projects to Linked Data, facilitating detailed queries to identify potential case studies. I will discuss several of these (Pelagios 4, SNAP:DRGN, and STAR, STELLAR and SENESCHAL) from a user perspective, as well as evaluating the usability of the linked AHRC data. Additionally, I will present my initial findings and their potential implications for future projects.

digitalclassicist.org/wip/wip2017-01sm.html

ALL WELCOME

Valeria Vitale

Institute of Classical Studies, Research Fellow

Senate House, Malet Street

London WC1E 7HU

Pelagios Commons Community Manager

commons.pelagios.org<http://commons.pelagios.org/>