Dear Yiannis,

Others on the list can probably explain this better than I, but I
suspect what you really need to make citations to single lines or other
snippets of text in Perseus (or elsewhere) is to the the CTS (Canonical
Text Services) URIs, which Perseus, for example, will implement either
as links or as a web service to return a text or XML snippet. See
<http://www.homermultitext.org/hmt-doc/cite/texts/cts.html> for an
overview of the syntax.

For example, you can cite the first ten lines of the Iliad with the URI
(which includes the URN):

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=urn:cts:greekLit:tlg0012.tlg002.perseus-grc1:1.1-1.10

These URIs are always given at the bottom right of a text page in
Perseus, and you can see from the CTS specification page above how to
cite a given line number, a given version of the text (English vs Greek,
a particular edition, etc.).

In the expectation that someone will correct or clarify the above...

Hope this helps,

Gabby

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD