CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Urban Transcripts Journal

Calling for submissions of work  that explore the multiple facets of our urban world. A range of media is sought:

Short Articles / Long Articles / Urban Design Projects and Proposals / Urban Interventions / Mapping and Urban Visualisations / Drawing / Photography / Short Film

Deadline for submissions to our forthcoming issue: 8 May 2017

Launched in March of 2017, The Urban Transcripts Journal is an online quarterly publication that aims to unravel the complexity of the City through a synergy of verbal and visual content. Our core mission is to advance a multitude of knowledges of the City, formulated through creative media, research inquiry, urban design and planning practice.

We are particularly committed to promoting original work by young researchers, professionals, and creatives, including postgraduate and PhD students.

Beyond the traditional article format, the journal publishes work in a variety of formats and brings theory and practice together for a creative, analytical, and critical discourse on the city; an urban transcript where the arts and the sciences of the City complement and confront one another.

General guidelines

Short Articles
– text between 1000 – 2000 words
– visual material

Long Articles
– text between 3000 – 5000 words
– visual material

Urban Design Projects and Proposals (including unrealised work)
– visual material
– project description up to 1000 words

Urban Interventions
– visual material
– project description up to 1000 words

Mapping and Urban Visualisations
– visual material
– project description up to 1000 words

Drawing
– visual material
– project description up to 1000 words

Photography
– visual material
– project description up to 1000 words

Short Film
– visual material
– project description up to 1000 words

Review process

Submissions are reviewed by at least 2 members of our editorial board. We evaluate each submission on the basis of:

1) Relation to the themes of the journal,
2) Ability to communicate to a broad audience,
3) Creativity and originality,
4) Critical position, and
5) Academic strength, where applicable (Short/Long Articles).

Email for submissions and further information

Journal website
http://journal.urbantranscripts.org

The Urban Transcripts Journal publishes all content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.