Dear all,
we would like to draw your attention to a special issue on /The Limits
of Resistance in Public Spaces/ that has just been made available online
at the website of Space and Culture (see mail below).

We think the issue as a whole and its individual articles are highly
relevant for the list, as the issue presents contributions that address
the theme of critique on two dimensions. First regarding the sphere of
politics and culture in public space (in Bejing, Cairo, Istanbul,
Berlin, Barcelona and in the UK), and second because it aims to present
a critical angle on academic research on resistance that focuses just on
artistic and/or political practices of resistance, and not enough on how
they are received (or not), how they are spread (or not), and how
long-lived (or not) they are.

We explicitly wanted to address an academic bias that might lead us to
over-appreciate the avant-garde and to be mostly concerned how we and
our cultural-elite friends from academia perceive acts of resistance
instead of also questioning how other parts of the population might
perceive them.

Please feel free to contact us or the individual authors if you have
problems accessing the articles!

Lars & lars