There's no actual code within SPM that allows you to transform the
Template_0-6.nii to MNI space.  If you really want to do this, then you can
do it with a little bit of MATLAB:

matfile = 'Template_6_2mni.mat';
imfile  = 'Template_6.nii';

t       = load(matfile);
Nii     = nifti(imfile);
mat     = t.mni.affine;
Nii.mat = t.mni.affine;
Nii.mat_intent = t.mni.code;
create(Nii)

Note that for Template_6_2mni.mat to exist, you have to have run a
Normalise to MNI space first.

Yes,  the rigid body transform is based on aligning with spm12\tpm\TPM.nii
, although it is actually extracted from the nonlinear deformation that is
estimated during segmentation.

The rigid bod transforms are encoded in the headers of the rc*.nii and
u_*.nii files.

Best regards,
-John