Dear Victoria,

The recommended model would be, for each participant, to compute the
average effect for factors 3 and 4 (with a [1 1 1 1] contrast at the
first level or with ImCalc 'i1+i2+i3+i4' with the four contrast images
you already have) and enter these in an unpaired two-sample t-test,
collapsing over factor 2.

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--