Hello and happy holidays to all

First, i'd like to say that i've been lurking here for a few years now and
thank Alejandro for the invite and push to be a bit more active.

My take on curating of online content, is by using, manipulating and
highlighting what already exists. I like to explore ways to link the IRL
and URL worlds and see whether this can apply on other curatorial practises.

As an example, I would use 2 of our projects from 2015 which were part of The
Wrong. <http://thewrong.org/>
The first Dystrophies.com was a website where we screened on a 24 hours
loop different video works, which disintegrated as the 24hours reel was
coming to an end. I guess we were trying to connect physical properties of
time and decay and digital formats.
The second, which is still going is websiteseeing.net, an online tour
curated each time by a different artist/curator.
Both are also on our online platform storage-un.it

I feel that both examples are attempts to use existing materials and use
the web and its aesthetics for a curatorial search - a platform which
gathers a verity of content and displays them in a different way.
Continuing Max, I enjoy seeing artists creating platforms as I feel that
the participatory aspect can lead to more interesting and challenging
works. But it does expose a lot of the difficulties that artists face when
creating this kind of works, mainly when it comes to programming.

One example of such platform is by the Canadian duo, Desearch Repartment
(which will come to arebyte in May - June). "The State of Exceptional
Webnation is the future of social media and citizenship, and you are
invited to be part of this revolutionary online nation-state."
Link <http://stateofexceptional.com/>

I have the same issue, I am not a programmer or a developer and when I have
an idea (mostly as a curatorial platform) I struggle to execute it ,I then
go to other platforms, such as Freelancer to find someone who might assist
me with this, which then brings a whole new set of issues (language, other
platforms, time, etc).

It feels like we're almost going from one platform to another, where all is
organised and suitable for a specific use, which is good but makes it very
hard for cross-platformisation.

Just before Alejadro's invitation came through I purchased the domain '
themotherofallplatforms.com' - again I don't know what and how but I like
the reference to Douglas Engelbart's 'The Mother of All Demos
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDv-zdhzMY>' (1968).

Enjoy the long weekend!

Nimrod

--

Nimrod Vardi

---

*www.arebyte.com <http://www.arebyte.com/>www.arebytelaser.com
<http://www.arebytelaser.com/>TW /@arebyte
<https://twitter.com/arebyte>  FB /arebyte.london
<https://www.facebook.com/arebyte.arbeit/> IN /@arebyte
<https://www.instagram.com/arebyte/>Charity # 1167185 arebyte: 49 White
Post Lane | E9 5ENarebyte 2: 2 Pear Tree Street | EC1V
3SB----------------Onsite: Control Experiments
<http://www.arebyte.com/max-colsonpart-i/4593631848?preview=Y> | Max Colson
| In Residence 20 March -  22 AprilOffsite: arebyteLASER
<http://www.arebytelaser.com/> | SUPERPOWERLESS | Connor Brazier | 7 -
19 AprilOnline: Storage-Un.it
<http://storage-un.it/> | HEAVENStrailer_road2utopia | Tom
IrelandOnline: Website Seeing <http://websiteseeing.net/> | O u t e r n e t