Job title Curator of Art Collections
Job reference SMG00221
Application closing date 23/04/2017
Location Science Museum - London
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum

Job description

Do you have experience of working in a museum or art gallery and are you looking for your next career move? Do you have a broad knowledge of the history of art in relation to science, technology and medicine? Are you driven by a desire to share your knowledge and experience with the widest range of people?

The Science Museum is implementing new programmes of research and interpretation of its world-leading collections. Its Art and Contemporary Art collections form a central part of some of our most significant permanent galleries, such as Making the Modern World and Who Am I? and are planned to be a central interpretation strand for the new suite of Medical galleries. The success of our Cosmonauts and Ada Lovelace exhibitions, as well as our online offers, also shows the importance of the display of artworks for our audiences. The collections contain a highly diverse range of works made from the sixteenth to the twenty-first centuries. These include paintings, prints, drawings, sculpture and digital media artworks.

We are looking for a Curator of Art Collections to work with our collections and both develop and share knowledge of their histories and meanings. This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an energetic team working on a wide range of projects caring for, interpreting and developing a remarkable collection. The role will be based in London with opportunities to travel as part of the Science Museum Group. It is offered on a permanent, full-time basis.

We offer excellent benefits including BUPA medical and dental care, an interest-free season ticket or bicycle loan, a company pension scheme, entry to our chargeable exhibitions and attractions, and numerous employee discounts.

Interviews are expected to be conducted on Friday 5th May.

For further details and to apply see the link https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/smg-hr/Art%20Curator%20VIP%20FINAL%20April%2017.pdf <https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/smg-hr/Art%20Curator%20VIP%20FINAL%20April%2017.pdf>

====
Paul Brown
http://www.paul-brown.com == http://www.brown-and-son.com
UK Mobile +44 (0)794 104 8228
Skype paul-g-brown
====
Honorary Visiting Professor - Sussex University
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/ccnr/research/creativity.html
====