er a week to go until the deadline to submit paper proposals for this year's MCG Museums+Tech conference, which will take place at IWM on 3 November, so get your ideas in! http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/mcgs-museumstech-2017-first-call-proposals/

This is a great opportunity to share what you have been working on with colleagues and get their feedback. It would be great if the conference could have a mixture of veteran and first time speakers, showcase both big budget projects and impact achieved on a shoestring, and share experiences from a variety of organisations including volunteer, council, university, independent and national museums, heritage organisations and cultural venues. The programming committee would love to hear all your ideas!

*         How do you promote inclusivity and diversity within your audience and use digital technologies to connect visitors with each other?

*         How can we use digital to break down the barriers of physical venues and exhibitions and reach audiences who don't consider themselves 'museum visitors'?

*         How can we use digital platforms to unpack the 'neutral' museum voice and share a range of different perspectives?

Call for papers closes on 30 April: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/mcgs-museumstech-2017-first-call-proposals/

Jessica Suess
Digital Partnership Manager
Oxford University Museums