Dear colleagues,

Wishing you all Happy OpenDataDay 2017

Open Data Day [1] is an annual celebration of open data all over the world. For the seventh time in history, groups from around the world will create local events on the day where they will use open data in their communities. It is an opportunity to show the benefits of open data and encourage the adoption of open data policies in government, business and civil society. Details at http://opendataday.org/

I  thank  our GeoForAll colleagues in The European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF)[2] at Reading who are running the #OpenDataHack @ECMWF - Beyond weather: explore creative uses of open data ECMWF this weekend. I have good memories of my visit last year for the first hackathon on a Global Flood Awareness System (GloFAS) [3] they organised. Great work Julia and everyone.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr. Suchith Anand

http://www.geoforall.org/

http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/

GeoForAll - Building and expanding Open Geospatial Science

[1] http://opendataday.org/

[2] http://www.ecmwf.int/

[3] http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/02/flood-awareness-education-platform/

University of Nottingham.