As image processing machines go PC’s are well advantaged in relation to cost vs performance for image related tasks. Image processing in most professional applications leverage the graphics card and system memory most heavily for image related processing. Macintosh computers (laptop and desktop) have been far behind the state of the art in graphics processing power for many years. The early mac advantages offered by more integrated and functional colour management and imaging software have largely disappeared, leaving little direct advantage to the apple platform. Today the mac computers are a generation behind the PC in processor and memory specifications, and probably 2 generations behind in graphics capability.

That being said the overall build quality and user experience of mac’s almost always exceeds that of the average PC, and they always have a much higher resale value. I do understand the apple enthusiasm as I am a mac user personally and also have mac based department and lab at work… but if you are asking about direct advantage it does not exist in the ability of the machine to more efficiently process images given comparable system costs and its associated build level, the Apple advantages tend to be indirect.

Best regards
Tim Keefe