Dear SPM experts,

In my design, I had two conditions (adoption of a field/observer perspective) that have been mixed with experimental blocks (i.e. participants stayed in the MRI but we had a short break in the middle of the experiment).

Thus, in one block they adopted one perspective, and in the other they adopted the other perspective (order was counterbalanced).

I am interested in how the condition influences the correlates associated with a continuous regressor, and wonder what I can and what I cannot analyse given the design I used to collect my data.

- I can look at the brain correlates of this regressor separately in each block (regressor)

- I can compare within each block negative and neutral trials separately for each condition (contrasts: negative > neutral or neutral > negative)

However, can I

- Compare together the regressors across the two blocks? And why?

- Compare together the results of the contrasts across the two blocks? And why?

Kind Regards,

--
Maxime Résibois

PhD Student (KU Leuven)
Quantitative Psychology and Individual Differences
Tiensestraat 102 bus 3713
3000 LEUVEN
tel.
+32 16 37 30 98