Dear Ele,

If you use something like MSP inversion which gives you a sparse solution
with a few sources then those sources would be dominated by the strong
visual responses you have but also all the noise at baseline and after the
stimulus would be projected on them. So I wouldn't over-interpret the fact
that you get some flickering of occipital sources long after the stimulus.
The proper way to discover any effects is to do stats.

Best,

Vladimir