General Manager, Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall

Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall opened its doors to the public in April 2016 to critical acclaim.

We are now seeking an outstanding General Manager for the next stage of our development with responsibility for delivering excellent visitor experiences and strong, sustainable growth in this internationally significant, Heritage Visitor Attraction.

An interest in Shakespeare and our historic building is welcome but equal emphasis is placed on having the right mix of skills, experience and motivation.

To download a full Job Description please go to shakespearesschoolroom.org/vacancies

To apply please email your CV, and accompanying letter setting out your suitability for the role and current salary details to Claire Steele [log in to unmask]† by 12 noon 17th February.

Where William Shakespeare was educated and inspired

to become the world’s greatest playwright

General Manager

Up to £35k

Following a successful £1.4m Heritage Lottery Fund bid and subsequent restoration, Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall opened as a new heritage visitor attraction in Stratford upon Avon on 23rd April 2016 to mark the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death.

An immersive, authentic and light touch interpretation scheme and a strong committed team of volunteers and staff combine to deliver an excellent and memorable visitor experience.

We are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, committed, hands-on individual to lead the organisation through the next stage of our development.† We are looking for a talented and experienced individual who will help to embed our unique and extraordinary part of Shakespeare’s heritage as a world class visitor experience and who will develop a sustainable operating model of best practice in the heritage visitor attraction sector.

Main responsibilities include:

         Delivering sustainable growth in audience engagement and operating performance.

         Delivering a programme of formal and informal learning opportunities.

         Protecting Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall’s reputation through appropriate compliance with fire, security, Health and Safety, and emergency policies.

Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience:

An interest in Shakespeare and our historic building is welcome but equal emphasis is placed on having the right mix of skills, experience and motivation.

Please see full Job Description attached. †