GEM's Foundation Course: Museum Learning 2017

Book now for GEM's next foundation courses taking place in Manchester this spring and London this autumn.

Now in its fourth year, GEM's foundation course provides an ideal opportunity for you to find out more about learning in museums, archives and other heritage organisations.  People attend for many reasons.  For example, you may:

  *   be an experienced museum professional without an education background who has recently acquired managerial responsibility for learning staff;
  *   be working in a different part of the heritage sector but wish to become a learning practitioner; or
  *   have just started working or volunteering in the sector and wish to pursue a career in heritage education.

Previous participants have said:

"I have come home with so many ideas and an enormous enthusiasm to pursue this new direction in my career."

 "I have found it inspirational to think broadly how to interpret and engage with a collection, rather than follow traditional learning methods."

"It has encouraged me to be far more creative with the possibilities of learning from the collection."

There are six full days of seminars, workshops and site visits over a three-month period.  Participants undertake a work-based assignment, and benefit from having a mentor assigned to them.

Find out more at http://bit.ly/gemFC.

Looking for other CPD opportunities?  Follow GEM's new LinkedIn CPD Showcase page<http://bit.ly/GEMCPD> for the latest updates.

GEM Office
GEM, 54 Balmoral Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 4PG, UK
Tel/Fax:  +44 (0) 1634 853424
Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
www.gem.org.uk<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

GEM is a registered charity number 1090995 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England number 149246

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not represent those of GEM. Should you communicate with anyone at GEM by e-mail, you consent to us monitoring and reading any such correspondence.