Archivist
Job Reference: 259-3385CORP
Employer: Barts Health NHS Trust
Department: 259 Archives & Museums
Location: London
Salary: £46,625 to £57,640 pa + HCAS

At Barts Health NHS Trust our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. We operate from four major hospital sites and a number of community locations, including Mile End Hospital. Around 2.5 million people living in one of the most diverse communities in the country look to our services to provide them with the healthcare they need. Caring for almost 6,000 patients every day, with a financial turnover of £1.4 billion a year and employing around 16,000 staff, we are the largest NHS acute trust in England.

Our hospitals have long and important histories. They each have maintained a distinguished medical and nursing tradition throughout their history and claim many eminent physicians and surgeons among their past and present alumni and staff. Our archives include records dating back to 1137 and we have two museums charting the history of modern medicine.

We are looking for a high calibre and experienced individual to take on the role of Trust Archivist, with responsibility for the leadership and development of the collections held in the Trust’s Archives and Museums, preserving, interpreting and making them available to staff, patients and the public (including for education and research purposes).

Professionally qualified to postgraduate level, you will have extensive experience of working on your own initiative at senior level in an archives and/or museums environment. You will be an excellent communicator with highly developed organisational, project management, research and IT skills and a track record of working effectively with a wide range of people both within and across organisations to deliver results. Knowledge and/or experience of the health sector would be an advantage.

For an informal discussion about the role, please call Ian Walker, Director of Corporate Affairs, on 020 3246 0637.

For further information, including a full job description and person specification, and to apply online, please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk quoting job reference 259-3385CORP (or see http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/3760ed593259c9cfb83e72b0e3602536/?vac_ref=914511191)

If you have not previously registered with NHS Jobs you will need to do so before making an application.