Did the credit follow the money? Accredited courses could draw down funding through HEFCE so academic staff development could then be self-funding? Even income generating? Obv  funding streams and structures have changed- this is presenting issues for some HEPs. Academic departments may struggle to now find the cash for accredited courses, even those run in house.
Jenny

Sent from my iPhone