From: Andreas Lang <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Tuesday, 29 November 2016 at 07:36
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: WICK SESSION NO 30: NOTES FROM THE TEMPORARY CITY - BACK IN HACKNEY WICK - FRIDAY 2ND DECEMBER FROM 7PM

WICK SESSION NO.30

NOTES FROM THE TEMPORARY CITY - BACK IN HACKNEY WICK

Friday the 2nd of December from 7pm

The White Building
Unit 7 Queens Yard
White Post Lane
London E9 5EN

In 2014 Mara Ferreri<http://wickcuriosityshop.net/contributors/mara-ferreri> and <http://www.publicworksgroup.net/contact/mailinglist> p<http://www.publicworksgroup.net/about/members/current/andreaslang>ublic works embarked on a year-long investigation of the multiple and contradictory values of temporary projects and spaces in Hackney Wick and Fish Island. The resulting collection of notes, interviews, observations, maps and photographs formed the basis of the co-authored book Notes from the Temporary City: Hackney Wick and Fish Island 2014-2015. In it, they raise questions about a temporary city in the making and discuss cultural capital, the language of policy and planning, the paradoxes of temporariness and the pop-up disquiet felt by many residents and practitioners as the post-Olympic redevelopment plans began affecting the neighbourhood.

On Friday 2nd December at 7pm for the first time we will be presenting the book back in Hackney Wick. Beyond discussing the themes of the book, we would like the event to open up a space to reflect on temporariness and how the area has transformed since the end of our project. Joining us on the evening will be Bean, co-founder of the formerly Hackney Wick-based ]Performance Space[<http://www.performancespace.org/> and Isaac Marrero-Guillamón, co-editor of The Art of Dissent: Adventures in London`s Olympic State<http://theartofdissent.net/>.

The NOTES FROM THE TEMPORARY CITY book can be downloaded here<http://wickcuriosityshop.net/collection/temporary-city>.
A hard copy of the book can be purchased on the evening or ordered online here<http://anagrambooks.com/search/publications/notes%20from%20the%20temporary%20city>

--
public works