Dear Colleagues,

 ‘How can we use data to improve teaching and learning?’ is one of the 6 Jisc ‘co-design challenges’ – topics on which we’d like to spark a sector discussion over the next 4 weeks to identify the most promising areas to explore.

About this challenge; With both government and students focusing on value for money and a quality student experience, it is essential that universities and colleges are directing their resources appropriately to deliver the best learning experiences to students. Universities will need to draw on the vast array of data and information available not just to demonstrate the quality of their teaching for the TEF, but to examine what makes the most difference to students’ learning, employability and overall satisfaction with their experience, in order to continuously improve their offer.

Full text about the challenge is at: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/rd/get-involved/how-can-we-use-data-to-improve-teaching-and-learning

We would like you to share your thoughts on our blog, on your own blogs, on twitter #codesign16 or by email, and Jisc will incorporate them into the ongoing synthesis of discussion, which will be on our blog at:  https://elearning.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2016/10/31/co-design-challenge-how-can-we-use-data-to-improve-teaching-and-learning/

Further questions for you to consider;

How to get involved

Information about all 6 challenges can be found at https://www.jisc.ac.uk/blog/getting-a-head-start-on-tomorrows-challenges-today-31-oct-2016

Many thanks,

Ruth and Myles

Jisc

Ruth Drysdale

Senior co-design manager

T 0203 697 5824
M 07789812349

Skype R.Drysdale
Twitter
@rsdrysdale

One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 882 5529 90. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800. jisc.ac.uk

Jisc

Myles Danson
Senior Co-design Manager

M 07796336319