Many people who seek refugee status in the UK have long-term health conditions that mean they are disabled people.

Survivors of torture, persecution and conflict often have physical and mental health support needs as a result of trauma. People living in exile often have PTSD, depression and other mental health support needs. Some people seek asylum because they have been persecuted or been subject to discrimination for being disabled in their countries of origin.

HEAR and our members, nearly 700 VCS organisations working on equalities and human rights in London, are trying to improve how we work with these multiplied marginalised individuals.

We are holding a FREE event on 21st November to connect organisations working with refugees, those working with disabled people and our statutory colleagues. To book your place please email [log in to unmask] with any access and dietary needs. Please feel free to disseminate this invitation to your networks.

Date: Monday 21 November
Time: 13.30-17.30 (Free lunch from 12.30)
Location: CAN Mezzanine Borough, 7-14 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4YR

Mhairi McGhee
HEAR Policy and Campaigns Officer
www.hearequality.org.uk
@HEAR_Network

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines