Dear Colleagues (apologies for cross-posting),

In Spring/Summer 2017 the Museums at the Royal College of Surgeons at 35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London will be closing to the public as part of a major refurbishment project to be completed in the summer of 2020.

During the closure we hope to work with partner institutions and organisations at other sites in London to provide managed access to collections for study and research. We anticipate this access being in place by autumn 2017.

Reduced enquires service and restricted research access
However, in order to prepare and pack collections for this move, research access will be extremely limited after 31st October 2016.
If you have any urgent requests please contact us as soon as possible and we will endeavour to meet your requirements.

Online search facilities will continue to be available throughout the redevelopment.
Image requests will still be considered although no new photography can be commissioned during this time.

Museums access
The Wellcome Museum of Anatomy and Pathology will close at the end of February 2017 and the Hunterian Museum on the 20th May 2017
Please note the MacRae Gallery 'Room to Discover' has already closed to allow essential conservation work to take place.

For further information on accessing the collections before closure please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Find out more about the building redevelopment - 'Transforming Surgery for Tomorrow': http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/about/future-of-lincolns-inn-fields-buildings

'Transforming Surgery for Tomorrow'
We plan to transform our London base into a modern, light and flexible facility to provide the best possible education, examination and research facilities for the profession while embracing our prestigious heritage. As well as modernising our inefficient and ageing estate, the redesign will reflect our changing functions as a home for surgical excellence in Britain and across the world in the 21st century.

Disclaimer