CALL FOR PAPERS PASCO 2017
8th International Workshop on Parallel and Symbolic Computation
Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany, July 23-24, 2017
The International Workshop on Parallel and Symbolic Computation
(PASCO) is a series of workshops dedicated to the promotion and
advancement of parallel algorithms and software in all areas of
All topics covered traditionally by PASCO including:
* Design and analysis of parallel algorithms for computer algebra
* Practical parallel implementation of symbolic or symbolic-numeric algorithms
* Design of high-performance algebraic packages and systems
* Data representation and distributed data-structures
* Considerations for modern hardware and hardware acceleration
technologies (multi-cores, GPUs, FPGAs)
* Cache complexity and cache-oblivious algorithms for computer algebra
* Parallel implementations of computer algebra algorithms on GPUs
* Parallel algorithm implementation and performance tuning
* Compile-time and run-time techniques for automating optimization
and platform adaptation of computer algebra algorithms
* Applications of high-performance computer algebra in
theorem proving, cryptography, computational biology, number theory,
group theory, satisfiability checking, SAT solving, etc.
PASCO 2017 is affiliated with and immediately precedes the 2017
International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation
(ISSAC2017), also in Kaiserslautern.
Earlier meetings in the PASCO series (originally called Computer Algebra
and Parallelism) include CAP'88 (Grenoble, France), CAP'90 (Ithaca, USA),
PASCO'94 (Linz, Austria), PASCO'97 (Maui, U.S.A.), PASCO'07 (London, Canada),
PASCO'10 (Grenoble, France) and PASCO'15 (Bath, UK).
The conference invites submission of papers presenting original research,
either in the form of extended abstracts (2 pages) or full papers (up to 10 pages)
in the two column ACM proceedings style at
Please use the ACM LaTeX2e Style File sig-alternate-05-2015.cls
Papers are exclusively submitted via easy chair at
Papers must be written in English. Papers must contain original research
and may not duplicate work published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee and external referees.
All accepted papers will be distributed at PASCO 2017 and then published
in the form of a formal proceedings in the ACM Digital Library (application pending).
At least one author of each accepted paper must attend PASCO 2017 to present
his or her paper.
Abstract submission deadline: Monday 3rd April 2017 (23:59 PST).
Paper submission deadline: Monday 10th April 2017 (23:59 PST).
Notification of acceptance/rejection: Friday 26th May 2017.