Dear Leonardo,

I'm not too surprised by your new result but I'm not sure what to
suggest next - I'm counting on Torben here but I've heard he is very
busy since he signed up for Twitter (@torbenelund) ;-)

Personally, I would be quite extreme and mask out this region before
analysis (if you think this might affect coregistration/normalisation,
globals or smoothness estimates, or spread to other nearby regions due
to smoothing). But it might indeed be a bit extreme so let's wait for
Torben or anyone else to comment.

Best regards,
Guillaume.