Rosemary,

Has your son read Paul Ricoeur's Time and Narrative? It's a modern
philosophical examination, in the phenomenological and hermeneutical
tradition, of Augustine's Confessions and Aristotle's Poetics. Depending on
his philosophical interests, it might be a way to show the continuing
relevance of Augustine's philosophical thought.

Best,

Phil Feller