I seem to recall reading or hearing that the Bollandist *Acta Sanctorum*,
begun in 1643 and completed in 1940 (granted with interruptions), was the
longest ongoing publishing project in western history. Does that sound
plausible? I can't find confirmation of this but neither can I think of any
other publishing enterprise that lasted longer.

Best,
John

--
John Shinners
Professor, Schlesinger Chair in Humanistic Studies

"Learn everything. Later you will see that nothing is superfluous." -- Hugh
of St. Victor (d. 1141)