Peterborough City Council

Town Hall

Bridge Street

Peterborough

PE1 1HF

Email [log in to unmask]

Telephone: 01733 864702

(Monday-Thursday 9:00-14:00)

To find out more about Peterborough City Council, please go to:
www.peterborough.gov.uk

On 25 July 2016 at 11:08, Linden Groves, HLPO <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear HEROS
>

> Please find below a press release for the publication of the new Gardens
> Trust leaflet on the Planning System in England and the Protection of
> Historic Parks and Gardens.
>

> A copy of the leaflet is also attached.
>

> Do please forward this far and wide!
>

> Best wishes
>
> Linden
>

> --
>
> Linden Groves
>
> Historic Landscape Project Officer
>
> *The Historic Landscape Project is a the Gardens Trust initiative, with
> funding from Historic England*
>

> lindengroves@ <[log in to unmask]>thegardenstrust.org / 07585 963
> 361
>
> www.thegardenstrust.org / www.facebook.com/historiclandscapeproject /
> <http://www.facebook.com/historiclandscapeproject%20/> Twitter:
> @leapthehaha
>

> *Access extensive support materials at the HLP Resource Hub via  *
> http://www.thegardenstrust.org/historic-landscape-project.html
>

> *The Gardens Trust*
>
> 70 Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6EJ
> Phone: (+44/0) 207 608 2409
>
> Email: [log in to unmask]
>

> Please reply to: [log in to unmask]
>

> *New guidance leaflet on The Planning System in England and the Protection
> of Historic Parks and Gardens*
>
> 25th  July 2016
>

> Marking a year since its creation, The Gardens Trust has published an
> important new guidance leaflet on The Planning System in England and the
> Protection of Historic Parks and Gardens. This is intended to explain the
> place of historic designed landscapes in the planning system, that historic
> parks and gardens are ‘heritage assets’ for planning purposes, the
> importance of assessing significance, the statutory consultation
> obligations, and the role of the Gardens Trust and the County Gardens
> Trusts. It is intended primarily to help local planning authorities, but is
> freely available to all.
>

> The Gardens Trust was formed in July 2015 following a merger of The Garden
> History Society and the Association of Gardens Trusts, representing the
> County Gardens Trusts of England and Wales.  The Garden History Society had
> been granted statutory consultee status in 1995, and the Gardens Trust has
> been confirmed in this role by Government. Local planning authorities must
> therefore consult the Gardens Trust on planning applications that may
> affect historic designed landscapes of any grade in England and Wales that
> are on the *Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest*
> that is held by Historic England. The Gardens Trust is determined to raise
> awareness of historic designed landscapes and to ensure that the protection
> afforded to them under the National Planning Policy Framework is
> implemented and is effective and sustainable.
>

> Planning consultations are dealt with by the Gardens Trust’s conservation
> [...]

Conditions apply to the confidentiality, copyright, legal liability and use
of this email.
For full information relating to the transmission and use of this email
please visit www.peterborough.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer