From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ben Wallace
Sent: 12 July 2016 11:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: EIR question!

Helen,

I think we said we would wait until we had an official opinion from Historic England (which I think the HIPs team was going to chase up?).
In the meantime I believe Stuart Cakebread is getting an opinion from the HE lawyers regarding the implications for the GL HER.
We have a process underway at Warwickshire CC which is looking at the implications of the EIR Judgement across all environmental data across the authority, this will include the HER and I will see what clarification I can get from our lawyers and information managers as well.

One of the things that was suggested was going to the Information Commissioners Office and asking if they thought HERs were covered under the EIR or not and if so to clarify what could be charged and under what circumstance would Reuse of Public Sector Information be more appropriate.
But I think this was if the response from Historic England, the GL HER or anyone else who might be looking at this in the meantime did not clarify those things.

Quinton or Nick may remember better than me of course.

This is one where we will pick this up with the ALGAO HER Committee and review where we are by our next meeting (October).

Hope that helps.

Ben

Ben Wallace
(Historic Environment Record Manager)
BA (EU) Hons, MA, MCIfA

Warwickshire Historic Environment Record
Archaeological Information and Advice (AIA),
Landscape, Ecology and Historic Environment
Heritage and Environment,
Community Services,
Communities

Warwickshire County Council

[http://www.archaeologists.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/images/ro_logo_colour.jpg?itok=21H_1X6_]

Phone: 01926 412734

Postal Address: Archaeological Information and Advice, Communities, Warwickshire County Council, PO Box 43, Shire Hall, Warwick CV34 4SX

Physical Address: Archaeological Information and Advice, Communities, Warwickshire County Council, Barrack Street, Warwick CV34 4TH

e-mail:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Web: http://heritage.warwickshire.gov.uk/archaeology/historic-environment-record/
         http://timetrail.warwickshire.gov.uk

Blog: http://warwickshireher.wordpress.com/