With apologies for being late in organising things this year and sorry if you get this more than once:

NSGG Meeting on Recent Work in Archaeogical Geophysics

6th December 2016, Burlington House, London

The Near Surface Geophysics Group of the Geological Society of London (NSGG) is pleased to announce the twelfth in a succession of biennial day meetings devoted to archaeological geophysics. Near surface geophysical techniques have become firmly established in archaeological research and evaluation and are now routinely applied in archaeological investigations. This meeting offers a forum where contributors from the UK and further afield can present and debate the results of recent research and case studies. Suppliers of equipment and software also attend and the meeting represents an invaluable opportunity for both archaeological and geophysical practitioners to exchange information about recent developments.

Unfortunately our colleagues in the Forensic Geosciences Group are otherwise engaged this year and, although we explored other alternatives, it will be a one day archaeological geophysics meeting this time.

Call for papers

Those interested in contributing either a talk or poster are warmly encouraged to contact the convenor. As in past years we’ll be seeking abstracts of up to 1000 words in length accompanied by suitable illustrative material (up to four images) but we are looking into using an online submission website this time, details to follow. The closing date for submissions will be the 26th September 2016 and provisional session themes include: Technical developments; Assessing Landscapes (including Designed Landscapes); Integrated Approaches; Forensic Geophysics; and Case Studies.

Convenor: Paul Linford, Historic England, Fort Cumberland, Eastney, Portsmouth, PO4 9LD, UK; Tel.: +44 (0)23 9285 6749 email: [log in to unmask]

We are the public body that looks after England's historic environment. We champion historic places, helping people to understand, value and care for them, now and for the future.
Sign up to our enewsletter to keep up to date with our latest news, advice and listings.

HistoricEngland.org.uk           Twitter: @HistoricEngland

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.