Dear Subscribers

I curate a blog that features academic authors talking about the books that
inspire them. This week Rachel Hurst, who in her academic life writtes
about cosmetic surgery and skin, talks about two books that have encouraged
her to accommodate the power of the unconscious in her theoretical
thinking.

She picks out Freud's *On Metapsychology *and Canadian writer Dionne
Brand's *A Map to the Door of No Return: Notes to Belonging  *as being
particularly infuential on her own trajectory.

You can find the post here:

https://bookscombined.com/2016/06/06/on-the-surface/

Happy reading

Emma Longstaff
Special Projects Manager
Combined Academic

The BSA Gender Study Group mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to any aspect of Gender Studies and scholarship. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the convenors or association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.