*'Thinking Love', a three-day conference with Luce Irigaray (CNRS, France) *

"The wisdom of love is perhaps the first meaning of the word 'philosophy'"
- Luce Irigaray, *The Way of Love*

Luce Irigaray is one of the world's most important Continental philosophers
working and writing today. This conference is devoted to thinking love:
love of life and the natural world and the cultivation of love of the
other, between generations and across differences. The conference will
include formal paper sessions, presentations by Luce Irigaray, and a
programme of activities that includes a visit to the University of
Bristol's Botanical Garden, a film screening, and more. It is supported by
the University of Bristol, the University of Sussex, and the department of
Humanities at the University of Trieste, Italy.

*9-11 June 2016*

Wills Memorial Building, Room 3.31
University of Bristol
Queens Road
Bristol BS8 1RJ
UK

A programme is available here:

https://workingwithluceirigaray.com/news/events/

and day-rate and full conference registration available here (open until
the 7th June):

http://shop.bris.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&deptid=302&catid=148&prodid=253&searchresults=1

The BSA Gender Study Group mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to any aspect of Gender Studies and scholarship. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the convenors or association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.