From: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Pre-GDB - IPv6 workshop - Tuesday 7th June 2016
Date: 25 May 2016 15:15:28 BST
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear WLCG colleagues,

As previously advertised the June 2016 pre-GDB is a full-day workshop on the deployment of IPv6 at WLCG Tier 1 and Tier 2 sites. This will explore the question: What do we need to do to allow for the support of WLCG CPU resources (pledged or opportunistic) that have no global IPv4 addresses?

This workshop is open to all who want to learn about and discuss the issues and technical details of deploying dual-stack network/system monitoring and dual-stack storage services. We encourage participation – a good way of learning all about IPv6 and its use in WLCG.

At the GDB the next day the experiments will be asked to present their plans and requests for support of IPv6-only worker nodes (and CPU services in general) and we (the HEPiX IPv6 Working Group) will present our proposal.

The draft agenda is being build at:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/394830/

You will see that registration has been activated for this so we can keep track of how many people will attend. Please register if you intend to be there in person.

Best regards

Dave K.

Dr David Kelsey

Particle Physics Department