Madeleine Gray wrote:

> I think it was probably the Catholic church that wasn't on board with it, and
> for technical reasons - you can't actually use the Sarum liturgy in Catholic
> worship, it has been superseded.

It's not as simple as that, of course. Most Roman Catholic clergy take the view
that they would have to get permission from some higher authority (most likely
Rome) and don't want to even ask. There was a reconstruction of the Sarum Use in
Aberdeen a few years ago where the Roman Catholic bishop took the view that as
the Ordinary he was the authority. I believe he took the role of the celebrant
himself.

John Briggs