Apologies for cross-posting ..

I've had another enquiry from a Mac user that I can't help with so I'm hoping there's a Mac whizz out there.

One of our doctors is writing a dissertation in Pages.  He is including Vancouver references in a single bibliography as a document end-note.  If he cites a reference that he has already used in the body of his dissertation, Pages inserts a new entry in the bibliography - it doesn't recognise that it has already been cited and doesn't use the number already allocated to it.

He has 2 questions:

- does anyone know how to get Pages to recognise multiple uses of the same reference?

- if there isn't an answer to question 1, then how would it be acceptable to edit the bibliography to reflect the use of the same reference?  He suggested editing the bibliography entry to signpost the reader to the first entry for that reference (something like "(5), see (1)").  I wasn't sure if that would be acceptable.

Any help that saves him a massive reformatting task would be welcome.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Manson
Liaison/Clinical Librarian
NHS Grampian
Room 1:091
Medical Library
Polwarth Building
Foresterhill
Aberdeen
AB25 2ZD

Internal: ext 767873
External: 01224 437873

NHS Grampian Library and Knowledge Services is a member of the Scottish Health Information Network (SHINe) - www.shinelib.org.uk<https://web.nhs.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=44109d24d2d94f66b172eac598e4074e&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.shinelib.org.uk>.  SHINe is committed to sharing services, sources and skills for health information across Scotland.

Thank you for your co-operation.