Dear all,

I thought you might be interested in a project which has recently been completed myself and my colleague, Rob Hedge. Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service was commissioned by Historic England in 2015 to carry out a project looking at the potential value of community generated research into the historic environment. The social and communal value of participating in heritage is well recognised. However, what is not so well known is the research value that community-led research may have in enhancing HERs and subsequently, Research Frameworks. The project aimed to:

·         Understand the amount of historic environment research being undertaken by community groups.

·         Assess the potential research value of their investigations for enhancing HERs and Research Frameworks.

It's important to point out that the project did not look to assess the quality of the research being carried out but rather its potential value in helping to improve the way we determine priorities and inform decisions on planning issues, research priorities and strategies for safeguarding the historic environment.

You can see the full report on the project website:

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/support-and-collaboration/research-resources/assessing-community-generated-research/

Or you can access a PDF executive summary of the project report which includes our key findings and recommendations here:

https://content.historicengland.org.uk/images-books/publications/assessing-value-of-community-generated-historic-environment-research/community-generated-historic-environment-research-7178-exec-summary.pdf/

If you have any comments, please feel free to send them through!

Aisling

Aisling Nash

Historic Environment Advisor

Worcestershire Archive & Archaeology Service

The Hive

Sawmill Walk

The Butts

Worcester

WR1 3PD

Direct Dial:  01905 844770

HER Team: 01905 845618

Advisory Team: 01905 845620

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.worcestershire.gov.uk/waas

registered logo cifa rgb sm

To keep up with the latest news and developments from the Archive and Archaeology Service follow us on Twitter and read our Blog:

 cid:image003.png@01CD4D6C.9954CA50  blogbutton.JPG

Find out more about the wide range of services on offer at The Hive: The Hive Logo - small

Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may
be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the
intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else.
Please contact us by using the reply facility in your email software
and then remove it from your system.

Disclaimer
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses and
malware, Worcestershire County Council accepts no liability for any
loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.

Monitoring of Email
Worcestershire County Council may monitor traffic data and the content
of email for lawful business purposes.