Dear AACORNers,

I just wanted to point you to the recently published issue of "Critical
Perspectives on Accounting" (37, 1). It  is a special issue on "Accounting,
Culture and the Arts", edited by Ingrid Jeacle (U Edinburgh) and Peter
Miller (LSE) (see http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/10452354). I
think the issue contains a number of papers that could be of interest for
some of you.

Among the articles is one that I co-authored with Lukas Crepaz and Christian
Huber on the manifold ways in which the state intervenes in
aesthetic/artistic processes.  The empirical background is the "European
Capital of Culture 2010" that was organized by the city of Essen and the
Ruhr Area in West-Germany six years ago. Drawing on David Stark's theory of
heterarchical orders of worth, we argue that the state intervenes in
aesthetic judgements as well as in processes of arts management on manifold
ways - not only by granting or withholding budgets. Responsively, artists
and art managers developed a proper repertoire for 'counteraction' in the
complex processes of (e)valuating and managing artistic projects.

A copy of the paper is attached.

Cheers,

Tobias

Univ.-Prof. Dr. Tobias Scheytt

Department of Management Accounting & Control

Faculty of Economics & Social Sciences

Helmut-Schmidt-University

Holstenhofweg 85

22043 Hamburg

GERMANY

Tel.: +49 (0)40 6541 2825 (3432 secr.)

Fax: +49 (0)40 6541 3522

e-mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

web:   <http://www.hsu-hh.de/icu> http://www.hsu-hh.de/icu