Dear All,

Warm wishes from Down Under, I hope this finds you well in your respective domiciles and time zones!

I am pleased to draw your attention to an exciting special issue of Body & Society that Martin French and myself recently guest edited. The compendium looks at the Surveillance-Embodiment nexus from differing disciplinary and conceptual perspectives, and in relation to divergent empirical examples. It features the following contributors and contributions:

  *   Nikolas Rose<http://bod.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/01/07/1357034X15623363.abstract>, 'Reading the Human Brain: How the Mind Became Legible'
  *   Kirstie Ball, MariaLaura Di Domenico and Daniel Nunan<http://bod.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/02/03/1357034X15624973.abstract>, 'Big Data Surveillance and the Body-subject'
  *   Charlotte Epstein<http://bod.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/02/03/1357034X15625339.abstract>, 'Surveillance, Privacy and the Making of the Modern Subject'
  *   Adrian Guta, Stuart J Murray and Marilou Gagnon<http://bod.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/01/07/1357034X15624510.abstract>, 'HIV, Viral Suppression and New Technologies of Surveillance and Control'
  *   Gavin J D Smith<http://bod.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/01/20/1357034X15623622.abstract>, 'Surveillance, Data and Embodiment: On the Work of Being Watched'
  *   Martin French and Gavin J D Smith<http://bod.sagepub.com.virtual.anu.edu.au/content/early/2016/04/14/1357034X16643169.abstract>, 'Surveillance and Embodiment: Dispositifs of Capture'

The papers are all now available for download on Online First<http://bod.sagepub.com/content/early/recent>, and the print version is due out in mid-June.

Enjoy, and hope to see some of you in the coming months!

Gavin

Dr Gavin J.D. Smith
Associate Editor, Surveillance & Society
Senior Lecturer and Undergraduate Convenor for Sociology
Haydon-Allen Building Room 2162a | The Australian National University | ACT | 2601

Tel: +61 (0)2 6125 0323 | Email: [log in to unmask]

ANU Profile<https://researchers.anu.edu.au/researchers/smith-gjd> | Research Profile<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gavin_Smith9> | @gavin_jd_smith