Sorry to ask this question that has been asked so many times!

We have adult and child WW2 gas masks that have had the asbestos removed however I didn't get a certificate for them to prove they are safe to handle. I don't ever let anyone put them on, however I have been letting the children handle them- is this still a big no no?

We have a baby gas mask that I don't think has been checked- I assume it still has asbestos in it, can anyone recomend a company that can remove it for us?

We also have some in our main collection that are never handled- have people have the asbestos removed from these as well?

Hoping to call on the GEM brains again!

Many Thanks

Sally
Chertsey Museum