Before commencing I had in my mind that I would be accessing primary sources from the RHSV, that my work would involve handling original content stored in the RHSV archives. However this was not the case, instead primary sources from the RHSV were the photographs, Sands and McDougall Street Directories and some original pamphlets of ‘opening ceremonies’ and the like. Interestingly much of the primary resources were found from online databases such as Heritage Victoria, the State Library, Museum Victoria, Public Records Office, the National Trust and most particularly Trove. Once I discovered the main resources available to me from the RHSV were its immense book collection I decided to use this to my benefit

http://bit.ly/1Q3HCwo
http://bit.ly/1Q3HCwo+

--
Peterk