Researchers at the University of Washington and Microsoft are developing a
digital storage system that can archive data in DNA molecules, with the
random-access readability and error correction protocols that’d be required
for real-world applications.

Once they’ve overcome those hurdles, they just have to figure out how to
make the technology affordable. Eventually, such research could help open
the way for data storage devices that can pack information millions of
times more tightly than current silicon-based methods.

http://bit.ly/1Xpt687
http://bit.ly/1Xpt687+

--
Peterk