Records in an archives create a public legacy to hold public official to account. As records allow powerful figures to be held to account, there can be a desire to control what is held and accessible in archives. In a crude sense, there is a danger that archives can be hollowed out. The problem is more than someone literally removing content from the archives as there are laws against such behaviour.[1] Instead the issue is how public officials will influence what is accessed and before it is accessed what is sent to the archives.

http://bit.ly/1SsLrOg
http://bit.ly/1SsLrOg+

-

--