over the course of his decades at the smithsonian, the museum’s chief
photographer chip clark documented the departments and storage
facilities otherwise unseen to public view. he photographed everything from
dinosaurs and mummies to diamonds, butterflies, and his fellow staff
members. inside the archives, drawers spill open in the entomology
department to reveal colorful butterflies carefully placed on
shelves; feather identification expert roxie laybourne is photographed
amidst the museum’s exotic bird collection; and a peek inside the mammal
storage area shows giant whale bones kept on reserve. take a look at a
selection of images below

http://bit.ly/1RGvBPI
http://bit.ly/1RGvBPI+

--