My team uses the word “records” a lot. We define records, we appraise records, we provide records management guidance, we manage a records center, we accession records into the archival collections, and we describe and preserve those records. We also understand that “records” is a term that many people don’t fully understand.

As many organizations around the country celebrate Records and Information Management Month, this is a good time to answer the question, “What is a record?”

http://s.si.edu/1VwYnIW
http://s.si.edu/1VwYnIW+

--
Peterk