Dear list members,

The next ARA East Midlands regional meeting will take place on Thursday 14 April 2016 at Derbyshire Record Office, between 9.45am and 1pm. The theme of the meeting will be digital preservation. Jenny Moran will talk about the digital archive aspects of the Richard III Legacy project, and the main objective of the meeting will be to discuss where we all are in terms of preserving digital records, what future plans may be in place and areas for future development. In particular, we would like to identify ways we may be able to work together and support each other in developing knowledge, skills and practice in this area. Therefore, if you can come prepared to talk a little bit about the experience of your respective workplaces in this area that would be fantastic.

Items for the business meeting agenda and apologies should be sent to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. If you wish to submit an office update or article for the newsletter, please send submissions to Katharine Short, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Monday 11 April.

Directions to Derbyshire Record Office

·         Train: Matlock Station is about ten minutes’ walk from Derbyshire Record Office. There is an hourly service from Nottingham via Derby.

·         Buses run from Chesterfield, Manchester (via Buxton) and Derby to the town centre (again about a 10 minute walk to the Record Office).

·         Car: our postcode is DE4 3FE if you wish to use a SatNav or GoogleMaps, etc.

o   If you are coming on the M1, leave at Junction 28, follow the A38 to Alfreton, then the A615 to Matlock.

o   If you are coming from Derby, follow the A6 to Matlock (turn right at the roundabout after Sainsburys).
When you arrive in the town centre, turn up the hill signposted for County Hall. Take the first right (Post Office on the corner), at the end turn left, and we are about half way up on the right hand side.
Lifts are available to/from Nottingham, and from Derby, please let me know if you would like to take one of the spaces.

We look forward to seeing as many people as possible (especially ARA members and East Midlands-based employees). Please let me know if you do hope to make it, and whether you will be joining us for lunch after the meeting at a nearby café (or even the pub!)

Best wishes,
Becky

Regional Secretary
ARA – East Midlands

Becky Sheldon | Archivist
Derbyshire Record Office

Economy, Transport and Communities | Derbyshire County Council
County Hall, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3AG
T 01629 538347 | F 01629  536522
………………………………………………………….…………………………
[Keep up to date by visiting our Blog:           http://recordoffice.wordpress.com  ,Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: C:\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\O2DTAXGG\record_office_logo1.jpg]

………………………………………………………….…………………………

This email or email thread section has been classified CONTROLLED - This email requires controlled access by Council personnel and / or intended recipient(s) only. This email may contain business or personal information.

Think before you print! Save energy and paper. Do you really need to print this email?

Derbyshire County Council works to improve the lives of local people by delivering high quality services. You can find out more about us by visiting 'www.derbyshire.gov.uk'. If you want to work for us go to our job pages on 'www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs'. You can register for e-mail alerts, download job packs and apply on-line.

Please Note
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged and may contain personal views that are not the views of Derbyshire County Council. It is intended solely for the addressee. If this email was sent to you in error please notify us by replying to the email. Once you have done this please delete the email and do not disclose, copy, distribute, or rely on it.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be disclosed.

Derbyshire County Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and received emails.

----------------------------------------- Note: We are a Microsoft Office site. Our base version is 2010. Please make sure that files you send can be read in this format. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail is strictly prohibited save unless expressly authorised by the sender. The information contained in this message is intended for the named recipients only. It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering this to the addressee, you may not copy, distribute or take action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender(s) immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete as soon as possible the message from your computer. ********************************************************************************* *********************************************************************************