From: Simon P J Batterbury <[log in to unmask]>
To: CRIT-GEOG-FORUM <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 11:08
Subject: Re: ACME and Impact Factor

Exactly, that is what I said.
And see “what to do?” herehttps://simonbatterbury.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/158/

From: Candice Pamela Boyd
Sent: Saturday, 5 March 2016 9:44 PM
To: Simon P J Batterbury; [log in to unmask]

The profession doesn't 'get there' without dissent.  A drawback position which argues that up-and-coming scholars need to think about their careers only endorses the prevailing system.  What we need is senior people like yourself to recognise the inherent value of a person's scholarship, perhaps not through the author's self-aggrandisement but through your own familiarity with the content.  Considered judgement is everything.