Hello Florence,

I'm not an expert on SCONUL access, but I understand that all arrangements are at the discretion of the receiving institution.

For example, SCONUL's website tells applicants that:

"You should check the website of the library you want to visit for their opening hours and other local conditions."

http://www.sconul.ac.uk/page/access-user-guide-0

and that:

"Admission to other libraries is always at the discretion of the Librarian or Director.”

http://www.sconul.ac.uk/page/summer-vacation-access

SCONUL Access is an excellent scheme, and reciprocality of hosting is to encouraged, but I interpret this to mean that you should be free to set your own restrictions.

Best regards,

Caroline

Caroline Brick, College Librarian
Lews Castle College, University of the Highlands and Islands
Stornoway
The Western Isles
HS2 0XR

+44 (0)1851 770408 / 770419

http://www.lews.uhi.ac.uk/library

Think before you print. Save energy and paper