*With traditional apologies for cross-posting on multiple Jiscmail lists*

List members may be interested in a report on provisional research towards a national overview historic railway buildings and structures, commissioned by Historic England from consultants RPS Group.

Recent provisional scoping research by RPS consultants gives their views on the significance of historic railway buildings and structures and what they consider the potential impact of planned railway improvement schemes might be. The views expressed in the report may not all be shared by Historic England. Resources allowing, Historic England would like to take this initial research as a starting point in the assessment process to give clarity about the listing status of historic railway buildings and structures.

You can access the report, to download in three parts from the Historic England website.

http://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/publications/historic-railway-buildings-and-structures/

Please note that the third part made up of supporting maps and gazetteer is particularly large both in terms of pages and memory space!

Kind regards
Robin

Robin Page
Heritage Protection Programmes Online Coordinator
Research Group
Direct Dial: 01793 414617

http://www.historicengland.org.uk/about/what-we-do/action-plan/

We are the public body that looks after England's historic environment. We champion historic places, helping people to understand, value and care for them, now and for the future.
Sign up to our enewsletter to keep up to date with our latest news, advice and listings.

HistoricEngland.org.uk           Twitter: @HistoricEngland

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.