The following website might be useful if it hasn’t already been consulted:

http://www.ukminingremains.co.uk/

Scott

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Clare Henderson
Sent: 23 February 2016 15:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Surviving headframes at UK mines

Hi all,

I attach a list compiled by a community group in Rookhope who are working to preserve the surviving headframe at Durham’s Groverake Mine and collating information on the survival of such features nationally  – I wonder if I could ask the HER community to cast an eye over the list and see if there are any omissions in the attached (or update on details esp. survival)?

Thank you,

Clare Henderson

Senior Archaeologist

Heritage, Landscape and Design Team

Durham County Council

Tel: 03000-267010

twitterfacebook cid:image003.png@01CF49C9.CDD0C8A0

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of
Nottingham City Council unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that Nottingham City Council monitors e-mails sent or received for the purposes of ensuring compliance with
its policies and procedures.
The contents of e-mails sent or received may have to be disclosed if a relevant request is made under current legislation, such as,
but not limited to, the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content
and cleared by Sophos